Jan 12, 2009

Pain Driven

Yes I know these posts all seem a bit sickly titled but I guess it makes it more interesting XD. Decided while I'm still sick I'd post as much as possible. Also arms are still too sore to play games.

Most people who know me know that I have quite a high pain threshold. Well it didn't happen overnight. Basically it manifested over years of basketballs to the head/face (damn I'm short so how come I get hit in the head?), friendly corkage to all limbs, and soccer balls to the stomach and lower areas ... ><.
Anyhow this is the first time I've experienced sunburns. Actually quite surprised that I burned because I hardly ever remember to put on sunscreen and I've been to Thailand and their sun gets really hot (yes I know its the same sun as we get here XD just feels hotter). Didn't even realize that I had been burnt until later that night. So yes currently I am sunburnt approximately 45% of my body. From top to bottom my whole face is red (not a sight to see), top of wrists all the way back to shoulders, the entire shoulders including the top of the chest, from shoulders all the way down to the top of my back waist, and finally the back of my calves. Luckily for me not all of it is painful. Unfortunately for me the parts that hurt are the wrists all the way over my shoulders and to my back waist (guess I didn't train that area in pain ><). The feeling is quite similar to pins and needles but about ten times worse and the area is much larger. But not like pins and needles is that the pain is only really there if it comes in contact with a physical object.
Boardrash pretty much feels the same. Its not red like sunburn but more like lots of pinpoint bruises. Not the best thing to get both boardrash and sunburn at the same time. Pretty much impossible to sleep properly. Good thing not burnt on the rear end or I'd probably have to stand to do anything.
But that's not all I have. I also have a sore throat brought on by a virus. Being a cold like sympton I wanted to keep warm but having sunburn and boardrash I wanted to cool the sores. So it was quite a dilemma. Thankfully I managed quite a few hours of sleep.

It wasn't my worst nights sleep. Sleeping with handcuffs has to be somewhere on top. Sleeping on the hard church floor without a blanket and just in a t-shirt pretty much up there too. Friends incomplete house on just a mattress in a shirt was pretty uncomfortable. There's probably a few more that I can't remember at the moment.

Getting some medical help with the sores. Got some syrup for the sore throat (no its not honey). Got some soothing spray thingy that sort of hurts when you spray it on ...

I'm usually pretty resilient to disease but with the late wave of sickness I'm feeling abit old. The dreaded twenty three is dawning. Damn it where's my youth gone ><.

2 remarks:

Ritzy said...

YAY PETER HAS A BLOG ^^

first to comment bwahhaha

i agree with the title. it's very you.

two days ago was the first time ive got sunburn on my shoulders ! XD

ibukisan said...

well your an idiot we did tell you to get a wet suit
like come on 10 bucks