Sep 25, 2013

Seeing what I've been missing

Been awhile since I last posted anything but thought it was time to return seeing how I haven't been playing games for awhile. Wonder if anyone is still watching this space. Actually wanted to write about other stuff but kept forgetting.

Anyways thought I'd watch Attack on Titan which came out this year which everyone I knew anime related was talking about. Surprising enough it was pretty suspenseful. It was quite extreme at the start and was soooo unpredictable. It was so engaging that I watched all 23 screened episodes at the time all in one night (till like 6am). It doesn't even seem to be ending but apparently the season is finishing at episode 25 ... so sad. Because the plot builds up each episode and saying too much would spoil it I would just mention how it starts. Giant walls surround a city protecting them from titans keeping them in peace for the last 100 years. Suddenly out of nowhere a giant titan appears breaking down the wall letting in the titans. Highly recommend people to watch.


Because of the impending end to the season of Attack on Titan I looked around for something else to watch. Had no idea what new anime had come out that was worth watching. Found a random anime called Blood Lad. Totally random starting a demonic residential world. A female human student finds herself in the demon world in a district belonging to a vampire boy. However this vampire doesn't seek to suck human blood. Instead his a total lazy otaku and is totally excited when he find out he will meet a female human. His short-lived meeting with the girl ends as she is eaten by a plant. However she ends up as a ghost. The vampire boy randomly volunteers to resurrect her with no idea where to start. I said it was random didn't I? Lots of demonic concepts which was quite interesting so I watched all of it ... it was only 10 episodes. Was quite shocked as the story actually doesn't end and these 10 episodes seemed more like a trailer to a longer show or something. So I looked it up and found out that there was never a plan to continue the series ... so sad. Not an anime I would recommend everyone and even less because it doesn't even end.


At the same time I found an anime that had an interesting name, Sunday without God. The story is set in a world where God left the human race on a Sunday. The effect of this was that no one could have children or pass on. Not passing on didn't mean immortality. Even if the heart stopped the spirit could not leave the body even with it decaying away. The only way one could move on was to be buried by grave keepers which were said to be the last gift he gave. The story follows a 12 year old grave keeper who goes out into the world, seeking to save it. Again I watched 10 episodes in one night ... however apparently 12 episodes have already been released. Couldn't find the last two episodes, might be because their not subbed or licensing ... it hasn't finished yet so might just wait to see those two come out. There's a few interesting concepts but think they might be trying to add too many things in one go. I'll have to see more before I recommend it to anyone.


So out of another anime that didn't end I decided to watch something that ends like an anime movie. Looked at top watched anime and found an old one called Princess Mononoke by the same people who made Totoro. All about forest animal spirit/gods versus humans, nature versus technology. However its more of a feudal era tech when they started using gunpowder. Plot is that a village boy defending his village defeats a demon but is cursed by it. He sets off on a quest to the spiritual forest to find a way to lift the curse. It's a nice story all and all. Ending was not a grand as I thought it could be. A good watch when you have time.


Okay so with that over I thought I'd look at a few older anime series and found 3 complete series I'm gonna start watching. They are Steins; Gate, Future Diary, and Darker than Black. I'll write about those when I finish watching them.


Got a lot of study to do coming up so hopefully find time to do both. Hopefully I find time to write again.

Update: Totally forgot also watched an anime movie called Sky Crawler. Was looking for an anime that was similar to Gattaca. However this wasn't like that. It started good but ended up to be really really slow ... However there's a few secrets that creep up that makes it interesting. Again not to spoil too much I'll just give a background to the story. Two warring sides have been attacking each others territories with fighter planes for a long time. Both sides seemingly lose many pilots in the process. A young man has just transferred to a forward base. He is placed in a hand down plane but is not given any information on who the previous owner was. Slowly getting to know the members of the base he comes to find out about the previous pilot that he replaced.

2 remarks:

Ritzy said...

yay blog!!ohhh. heard the titan one was good !

PsychPeter said...

If theres any mention of anime that is always 1 that comes up. Just finished the season which was actually done quite well.