Aug 22, 2009

Silent night

What a time to return ... does anyone still scope this blog??? So the most silent night of my life is when I decide to rejoin the world of blogging. Why is it the most silent night you might ask ... well I'm watching TV so its not that silent. No I mean my mouth ain't yapping. Why is my mouth not yapping you might ask ... probably ... well it's that time of the year ... 40 hour famine. So this year I'm giving up the use of my mouth.


Well the Gaffer tape was just so I didn't accidentally talk or eat :P. Somewhat told people I was doing it anyways so I better do it to get sponsors. I was well prepared to communicate armed with a mini whiteboard and a set of markers and duster. Just felt a bit clumsy juggling all of those in hand.


Oh yeah that's just the result of a little girl who forbade me to wipe it off.

Last year I did hands cuffed behind my back. Obviously it would be bad if I was left in a public place ... being mistaken for a criminal master mind (obviously I'm not the muscle). Thankfully I have friends who helped me around so I was never out in the open. Unfortunately this year I wasn't so lucky XD. Had to take the train home after youth group.

Lots of eyes on me which I'm used to ... and lots of opinions on what I was doing. The first approached me and asked if I was doing a student experiment. I used my trusty whiteboard to explain it was for 40 hour famine and he got the point. The other people who looked on weren't so forward. A few people looked like they thought I was a publicity stunt and kept looking at my whiteboard seeing if I was advertising something. No I'm not advertising photoplus ... that's another story why it's on my board. One lady seemed to think I was a silent protester and also tried to get a good look at my whiteboard. Quite a few big grins and hand gestures which seemed to indicate questioning on the pain that would be received from taking off the gaffer tape. Walking home brought out a few loud comments from surprised run-ins about a guy with duct tape round his face.

Thankfully now I'm in the safety of my home. Won't be leaving my house anytime soon. Now to brush my teeth ...

1 remarks:

Ritzy said...

YOU CAN DO IT!

man that gotta hurt ..ripping that off XD