Mar 18, 2009

Shake it

So I'm not really that into spending my time blogging. Even though I was sick and didn't play games sort of hard to blog with a throbbing headache. Luckily for me it just lasted like two days.

I never thought I'd feel the earth move under my feet but it happened. Actually more like the floorboard of my room. It didn't happen in Box Hill but it was strong enough to feel so hopefully wherever the epicentre is isn't too badly damaged. It isn't the first time that I was in the vicinity of an earthquake though.
It had been awhile since I'd been back to Taiwan so a holiday was in order. Coincidentally it was during the Jiji earthquake / 921 earthquake which measured 7.3. Fortunately was residing in a older building built during times of constant earthquakes in Taiwan so was made with shifting foundation ... so I was told XD. However I was asleep during the quake so didn't really notice it. I did wake and look out the window at the commotion outside but without my glasses so I just went back to sleep. Next morning find out that there's no electricity and so we are stuck in Taiwan with no electronics ... that's just wrong. So finding stuff to do was a pain. My brother and I started with cards for quite awhile much so that we missed noticing the 5.3 aftershock. Then that got boring so we walked around and found a mini basketball set. We started off playing friendly but it got pretty ugly and I was left with bent glasses and my brother a crack in his skull :S. So he had to get it stitched up in the dark. Also there was a small pool of blood left where we were playing ... so it wasn't much of a trip :P.

So all that and I don't experience an earthquake till now.

Then again a shudder isn't much either XP.

PS. Finally 20th post.

1 remarks:

Ritzy said...

yay post 20!!!